OPEN LIFE GROUP OUTLINE
5 STEP HOUR OF POWER
A) WORSHIP OR TESTIMONIES
E) *RECEIVE AN OFFERING AND GIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Please encourage all attendees to go to the Oak Tree website and fill out the online connect card (under the connect tab) to update our church data base
- Serve Day this Saturday 8am-1pm
8.12.18 - “Detox Your Life” Part 6
“Detoxing from Inadequacy”
Now the Angel of the Lord came and sat under the terebinth tree which was in Ophrah, which belonged to Joash the Abiezrite, while his son Gideon threshed wheat in the winepress, in order to hide it from the Midianites.
And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him, and said to him, “The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor!”
Life is a challenge and it’s easy to allow our circumstances to define us. Feelings of inadequacy and being overwhelmed can pressurize our life and leave us feeling frustrated and defeated.
As we look to His truth, we see that like Gideon, we many times don’t know who we are or what we can do. God’s word has the power to give us clarity and confidence to conquer what ever we are called to do. Let’s live in faith to overcome in life and embrace the truth that if God dare believe in us, we dare believe in ourselves.
1) The Bible declares that God is with us and if God is with us who can be against us. Do you totally embrace this truth?
2) God sees us in the light of what we will be. Why do you think its so difficult for people to see themselves the way God sees them?
3) What are some of the arguments that you could have against God’s positive version of your future?
4) How can you begin to move out of the reality of your circumstances into the glory of His vision for your life?
5) What are some of the thoughts that you need to detox
from in respect to how you see yourself?
6) Would you like to receive Jesus as the Lord of your life?